The Colt

The Student News Site of Coleytown Middle School

The Colt

The Colt

Polls

The Simpsons: Almost 35 years of America's Favorite Cartoon

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The Simpsons: Almost 35 years of America’s Favorite Cartoon

The Simpsons: Almost 35 years of Americas Favorite Cartoon

“D’oh!”

The Simpsons is the longest running animated cartoon in the world because it’s also one of the funniest cartoons ever made. It has great characters that make fun of everything. The show is so good that it has won 34 Emmy awards, 34 Annie awards, among many others. It has won the most awards for an animated cartoon EVER!!

The Simpsons has been going on for almost 35 years. That was way back in 1989, before cell phones and modern gaming platforms. The iconic hilarious show started by Matt Groening features a family of 5 with a skin tone of yellow who live their lives normally (half of the time). This show is based in a fictional town called Springfield. When someone asked  Groening why he made the characters yellow he responded,  ”I wanted my cartoon to be eye -catching and stand out”.

Characters that you know.

The Simpsons family has a mom, dad, and three kids. The dad Homer Simpson is super funny in crazy situations. Homer always ends up in funny positions and always tries to choke his son Bart (for fun). He works in a nuclear power plant with his best friends Lenny, and Carl. He is always in weird positions and tries to act funny.

Marge Simpson is the mom of the family and is very easy to identify because of her crazy blue hair that she dyed in episode #56. She is an amazing mom and an even better character.

Bart Simpson is the 10 year old prankster who loves Krusty the Clown who is a very funny.  Bart would be the kid to put a whoopee cushion under your chair and embarrass you in class.

Lisa Simpson is the oldest daughter at age 8 who should be in algebra. She is the genius of her family and has a love for nature and her saxophone.

Maggie Simpson is the baby who is 1 year old and  is so adorable. She never says anything but always has a pacifier in her mouth

The Simpsons predict the future? 

The Simpsons have “predicted” the future tons of times.  A crazy prediction that came true was in season 16 episode 8 titled  “Homer and Ned’s Hail Mary Pass.” In this episode, they predicted that the New England Patriots were going to win big for the third time in a row and it actually came true. The episode was released before the Patriots won 34-28 against the Atlanta Falcons in final overtime on February 5, 2017.  Some other predictions were: in Season 11 episode “Bart to the Future” they predicted Donald J. Trump’s presidency and in Season 21 episode 12 “Boy Meets Curl” they predicted that USA was going to win the gold medal in the 2010 winter Olympics against Sweden.

Not only is the show super funny, there are over 700 episodes, with so many hysterical moments for anyone who is in the mood for laughing.