The Colt

The Student News Site of Coleytown Middle School

The Colt

The Colt

Polls

Coleytown Middle School Clubs

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Coleytown Middle School Clubs

Coleytown Middle School Clubs

Coleytown Middle School offers many exciting clubs that fit into even the busiest schedules. Many people have not joined clubs because they have not realized how enjoyable they are, or even that the particular club exists. This list has all the clubs, their meeting times, a brief description, and some have an interview with a member.

The Colt
Wednesdays, 3:15-4:30 PM
If you like writing, this is the club for you. But if you’re not a writer, there are tons of other things to publish on the Colt, like games and polls. By joining the Colt, you can make your dreams of becoming a published author become a reality.

Interview with Emme Steinberg

Q: Why do you like the Colt?
A: I like it because you’re able to write about anything you want, but in LA it’s a specific assignment. I also like that it’s all the grades together, and you also get to publish your writing in an actual newspaper and people are able to read your writing.
Q: Why would you want people to join the Colt?
A: I’d want people to join because I think it would be good if we got more writers because we could publish more articles and make our newspaper bigger and more successful.

CTV
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 8:05-8:30 AM
If you attend Coleytown, you’ve seen CTV. Everybody gets to learn about the important things going on at school—live! Don’t worry, you won’t be marked absent for attending this club in the morning. CTV is a great learning experience and a lot of fun.

CSB
Every first Wednesday of the month, 7:45-8:25 AM
Who doesn’t love spirit days? A little healthy competition is fun. CSB organizes these spirit days, along with fundraisers. Who doesn’t love school spirit?

Interview with Jasper Hultgren

Q: Why do you like CSB?
A: Because it’s a fun way to get involved in stuff going on in the school and it’s also a good way to connect with people that you might not have connected with before CSB.
Q: Why would you want people to join CSB?
A: Because I feel like it’s a good experience and it’s a good way to train yourself for being in charge of something and making sure that people will like what you do.

Creative Writing Club
Fridays, 8:00-8:20 AM
Let your creativity shine in this unique club. If you love writing, this club is perfect for you. Write and share with other authors. You won’t forget to write, and it’s a great place to get creative, get writing, and have lots of fun.

EcoSquad
Thursdays, 7:50-8:20 AM
Who doesn’t care about the earth? If the Earth isn’t taken care of, humans aren’t taken care of. EcoSquad tries to help nature and animals in our community in any way possible, whether it’s by getting rid of local invasive species, raising money to donate to organizations that take care of animals, or anything in between.

Interview with Olivia Greenstein

Q: Why do you like EcoSquad?
A: I like EcoSquad because it’s a chance to experience nature even when I’m at school. Also, it is a great chance to learn more about the surrounding world from a new perspective and I get to hang out with lots of cool people from all grades.
Q: Why would you want people to join EcoSquad?
A: I want people to join EcoSquad so that they can see nature the way I do. Most days, a lot of people spend their mornings looking at screens. EcoSquad is an opportunity for people to learn and help the natural world, do creative and enjoyable things, and help our planet.

Science Olympiad
Thursdays 3:15-4:30 PM
If you’re interested in science, Science Olympiad is the club for you. You choose events to compete in, and then study and practice. Science Olympiad can get competitive, but that’s part of the fun. The prize for getting on the podium in an event or for the overall winner—medals. People in the Science Olympiad deserve a souvenir for their hard work. But the experience and memories are the best part.

Coleytown Company

Depends on the day, the schedule is posted

If you love acting, this is the club for you. Coleytown Company is a great place to let your talent shine and perform onstage. Acting, singing, dancing – it’s all included in Coleytown Company, and the plays are always amazing.

Note: There are no more plays this year, so you cannot participate in Coleytown Company this year.

Chamber Orchestra

Mondays and Wednesdays 7:35-8:20 AM

This is just like orchestra, but more challenging. You’ll improve your skills, play awesome pieces, and have fun. If you like orchestra, you’ll love Chamber Orchestra.

Note: You cannot be in the Chamber Orchestra this year, you must wait until next year

Wind Ensemble

Wednesdays and Fridays 7:25-8:20 AM

Wind Ensemble is like the band but you perform more challenging pieces. Wind Ensemble helps you develop your band skills and while you are there, you’ll have a lot of fun.

Note: You cannot be in Wind Ensemble this year, you must wait until next year

Interview with Dylan Rosen

Q: Why do you like Wind Ensemble?
A: I enjoy regular band, but I find it very easy. Wind Ensemble is a great solution. It’s also a great experience.
Q: Why would you want people to join Wind Ensemble?
A: The band is not very balanced because there are lots of clarinets and not a lot of any other instrument, so we have to try hard to make all the other instruments not sound outnumbered.

Camerata

Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:25 AM

In Camerata, you get to sing challenging but amazing songs with a group of other skilled singers. You’ll become a better singer, perform songs, and have fun.

Note: You cannot participate in Camerata this year, you must wait until next year

You may have seen a club that you think you’ll like, or you might still not want to join a club. The decision is up to you. But hopefully, one of these clubs sounded enjoyable to you. With such a wide range of clubs, at least one would be a great way to spend time before or after school.

Works Cited:

https://cms.westportps.org/students/clubs-and-activities