The Colt

The Student News Site of Coleytown Middle School

The Colt

The Colt

Polls

The College Football Playoff.

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The College Football Playoff.

Updates form the CFP
The College Football Playoff.

The College Football Playoff with the best four teams in the country happened and here are the top headlines.

Michigan vs Alabama.

We saw The Michigan Wolverines who were the number 1 seed play the Alabama Crimson Tide at 5:00 pm. The game started with an interception by J.J McCarthy which was called back. Then there was a dropped punt. Things were not looking well for the Wolverines, and Alabama got up early 7-0. Then, after some great defensive plays – and 5 sacks in the first half – Michigan was creeping close and it was 20-13. Then, the Wolverines went right down the field and scored the game-tying touchdown. After that, the Wolverines fumbled a punt and the game went to overtime. The player that fumbled the punt is named Jake Thaw and he went to our very own Staples High. In overtime Michigan quickly scored with a Blake Corum touchdown and Alabama could not respond.

Final Michigan 27 Alabama 20.

Texas vs Washington.

The late game, which featured the Texas Longhorns and the Washington Huskies was a much higher scoring matchup. Each team was high-flying and at halftime it was 21-21. Huskies quarterback Michael Penix threw for over 300 yards in the first half alone and Texas Running Backs C.J Baxter and Jaydon Blue combined for over 150 yards. In the second half, Washington pulled away and got up by 13 points. 34-21 was the score and Texas would need a miracle which they would get, as Quinn Ewers threw a touchdown pass to Adonai Mitchell. After a Washington field goal, Texas also got a field goal and the score was 37-31. Texas did not get the onside kick and with one minute left the game seemed over. However, due to an injury to Washington running back Dillon Johnson, Texas had 50 seconds to win. Improbably, Ewers threw a 41 yard pass to wide receiver Jordan Wittington, and a 20 yard pass to Jaydon Blue. Suddenly, with 15 seconds left, Texas was at the 12 yard line with a chance to win. But however three incomplete passes would bring the clock to one second. A last second throw was batted down by a Huskie Defender and the game was over. Final Washington 37 Texas 31.

The National Championship is set. Michigan vs Washington. Monday 1/8.

Chanze’s Prediction: Washington 38, Michigan 21

Television or Radio Program
Episode/Segment
EPSN Broadcast
.
View Comments (1)